Frontend Developer - Part-Time, Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) (Remote) - $30,000/year USD
Giorno di aggiornamento: 04-12-2023
Tipo di lavoro: Part-time
Contenuto del lavoroCrossover is the world’s #1 source of remote jobs. Our clients offer top-tier pay for top-tier talent. We’re recruiting this role for our client, Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech). Have you got what it takes?
If you’re eager to impart your knowledge of computer science fundamentals, but aren’t sure where to start - keep reading!
You will teach new developers the fundamentals of computer science: algorithmic problem-solving, Big-O and time-space complexity, and how to use hash tables to to optimize algorithms. You will prepare these new students for exciting careers in software development, ensuring they can pass the General Coding Assessment at the end of their studies.
BloomTech is committed to building a diverse team of staff and instructors where everyone feels seen, heard, and valued. Therefore, we welcome a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities we serve.
What You Will Be Doing
- Teaching on Zoom via live code-along, explaining complex concepts simply, using real-life examples, exercises, and storytelling
- Providing learner support, encouraging struggling learners, and challenging those who are excelling
- Providing curriculum feedback and reporting learner progress
- Managing other instructors or teaching assistants
- Tutoring students - your professional expertise forms the foundation of teaching the technical skills required for success in the real world
- Traveling for conferences, meetings, or training; we are a 100% remote team
Prepare learners to pass the General Coding Assessment, launching their new career as a software engineer
- 3+ years industry experience with bachelor’s degree OR
- An engaging and compelling public speaker
- Teaching or mentorship experience
Bloom Institute of Technology (BloomTech) is pioneering a new model of accessible higher education with no upfront costs and where the school invests in the students instead of the other way around. We offer an intensive program and an immersive live, online curriculum that teaches people the hard and soft skills they need to launch a new tech career.
Our success depends on building teams who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we don’t just accept differences – we celebrate them. BloomTech welcomes a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups and non-traditional backgrounds who can appreciate the diverse student communities that we serve.
There is so much to cover for this exciting role, and space here is limited. Hit the Apply button if you found this interesting and want to learn more. We look forward to meeting you!
Working with Crossover
This is a part-time (20 hours per week), long-term position. The position is immediately available and requires entering into an independent contractor agreement with Crossover. The compensation level for this role is $30 USD/hour, which equates to $30,000 USD/year assuming 20 hours per week and 50 weeks per year. The payment period is weekly. Consult www.crossover.com/help-and-faqs for more details on this topic.
What to expect next:
- You will receive an email with a link to start your self-paced, online job application.
- Our hiring platform will guide you through a series of online “screening” assessments to check for basic job fit, job-related skills, and finally a few real-world job-specific assignments.
- First, emails may take up to 15 minutes to send, refresh and check again.
- Second, check your spam and junk folders for an email from Crossover.com, mark as “Not Spam” since you will receive other emails as well.
- Third, we will send to whatever email account you indicated on the Apply form - by default, that is the email address you use as your LinkedIn username and it might be different than the one you have already checked.
- If all else fails, just reset your password by visiting https://www.crossover.com/auth/reset-password if you already applied using LinkedIn EasyApply.
Clicca per candidarti per un candidato gratuito
⏰ 01-01-2024🌏 Thane, Maharashtra
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Thane, Maharashtra
⏰ 21-12-2023🌏 Nagpur, Maharashtra
⏰ 04-01-2024🌏 Ratnagiri, Maharashtra
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Dhule, Maharashtra
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Amravati, Maharashtra
⏰ 30-12-2023🌏 Satara, Maharashtra
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Baramati, Maharashtra
⏰ 02-01-2024🌏 Mumbai, Maharashtra
⏰ 31-12-2023🌏 Vasai, Maharashtra